Inovonics INOmini 223 Multimode Audio Processor

AM Radio discussion. Directional arrays are FUN!
Bill DeFelice

Inovonics INOmini 223 Multimode Audio Processor

Post by Bill DeFelice » Wed Nov 09, 2016 12:54 pm

I had the pleasure to test drive the INOmini 223 audio processor not long after it hit the production line at Inovonics. My written review of this processor made it to the November 9th edition of Radio World.

It's a great sub-$1000 tri-band DSP audio processor that's well suited for AM (US and Europe), TIS, FM mono and SCA applications as well as a full bandwidth processor for general studio and utility purposes.

I also did a video review of the processor with demo on my YouTube channel. I will admit that due to an SD card that prematurely bit the dust the video footage is a little sparse but the demo should give a general idea how the processor sounds. I have to say I was quite impressed and it looks to be a great solution for cash strapped mom 'n' pop stations.

INOmini 223 video review.
Webmaster
History of Westport Connecticut Radio
The WMMM Tribute Site

CampusBroadcaster.net
Legal, low power, license-free broadcasting for educational institutions

COMMENG

Re: Inovonics INOmini 223 Multimode Audio Processor

Post by COMMENG » Fri Nov 11, 2016 10:06 am

I would second that processor as we have installed a few of these units in M&P stations with quarter kilowatt licenses.

I spoke to Jim during the development of the 223 and he stated at the time that with the increased processing power of DSP-based audio IC's, it only made sense to make the step up to full DSP-based audio processing and abandon all analog or hybrid processing.

The Inovonics 235 (mostly analog) processor is still a good processor for most M&P stations on a tight budget.

One step up is the BW Broadcast DSPX-AM AM Audio processor.

COMMENG