Phone Audio dropping

Where the magic happens...or something...
mbrockm

Phone Audio dropping

Post by mbrockm » Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:08 am

Not sure this the right forum. However I will post what is happening and see if anyone has an idea what is happening. At 6:45am and 7:45am exactly we are getting an audio drop on our calls with Weather eye. It only lasts at most 3 seconds and sounds like call waiting. We don't lose the call just the audio drops for a few seconds. We have a Wheatstone network and a Innkeeper Digital Hybrid. We can not find anything at our end or weather eye to explain the audio drop. Is anyone aware of anything in Centurylink or long distance carriers which happens exactly at 6:45am and 7:45am? Are they rerouting phone traffic or something. We are trying to eliminate if this phone problem or an odd audio system problem. The strange part is it happens exactly at 6:45 and 7:45 on our calls with weather eye. Any thoughts?
Mark Brockmeyer
KMA Engineering

Shane

Re: Phone Audio dropping

Post by Shane » Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:34 pm

For purposes of troubleshooting, what happens if you have another long distance call going on another line at the same time? That might serve to eliminate the long distance carrier or not depending on whether or not the same thing happens to the other call. Do you know about when it started? Just some thoughts.
Mike Shane, CBRE
---Omaha---

mbrockm

Re: Phone Audio dropping

Post by mbrockm » Tue Sep 26, 2017 7:03 am

We have had other calls at the same time with no problem. The two factors seems to be weather eye and the time. We are going to try to use a flipping extensions to see if it is extension. We have tried changing who originates the call with no difference. I wish I could just them to change the times of the weather eye call as proof but that is not an option for staff. So the mystery continues.
Mark Brockmeyer
KMA Engineering